National Testing Agency (NTA) has announced to release the admit cards of NEET 2020 post the April 30 lockdown due to COVID-19. Previously, NEET Admit Card 2020 was announced to be released on March 27. The NEET aspirants can download the admit card by visiting the official website. The NEET admit card 2020 can be downloaded by entering the required credentials along with a security pin. No NEET admit card will be delivered to the candidates in offline mode. The candidates who have completed the NEET application form will be allowed to download NEET 2020 hall ticket. Since the admit card of NEET 2020 plays an important role so the students must cross-check the details printed on admit card and in case of any kind of error, the students are advised to contact the authorities at the earliest.
Who will get the NEET admit card 2020?
- The candidates who match the eligibility criteria for NEET 2020 and have submitted the required documents with the NEET 2020 application form.
- The candidates who have submitted their application form online, on or before January 6, 2020.
- Candidates from areas like Kashmir valley, Leh, Kargil who have submitted the application form offline by visiting the centres are allowed to give the exam.
- The candidates who have completed their application forms using the application window between February 3 and February 9, 2020 will be issued the NEET admit card.
How can the candidates download the NEET 2020 admit card?
- First of all, visit the official website of NTA NEET.
- Then click on the ‘Candidate Login’ from the panel on the left
- After that log in using the Application ID and password
- Click on ‘Admit Card’
- The candidates will be able to view their NEET admit card
- Look for the errors or discrepancies, if any
- After that download and print, the admit card of NEET 2020 for future use
What details are mentioned on the NEET admit card
All the NEET aspirants must verify the details mentioned in NEET admit card 2020. Any kind of discrepancy in the admit card must be informed immediately to NEET NTA 2020 admission committee for rectification. Some of the details that are me mentioned on the admit card:
- Applicant’s name
- Applicant’s roll number
- The registration number for NEET 2020
- Date of the examination
- Time of the examination
- Name of the applicant’s father
- Name of the applicant’s mother
- Date of birth
- Category/ Sub-category
- Language selected
- Number and address of the exam centre
- Specimen signature of the applicant
In case of any kind of discrepancy in the above-mentioned information, the NEET aspirants can consult the authorities and get it solved.
Why must one check the details printed on the NEET admit card 2020?
Since the NEET admit card acts as an identity proof of the candidate on the day of the examination and at the time of counselling as well, so it is important to check all the details that are printed on NEET admit card. During both these events, the authorities will cross-check the details mentioned on the NEET admit card 2020 and all the details printed on the admit card of NEET 2020 must match with those on the official ID of candidate (Aadhaar card/PAN card/voter ID/ passport/driving license). In case of any kind of discrepancy, the candidate will not be allowed to give the NEET exam and even they will be disqualified from the counselling as well.
What must be done in case of any discrepancy in the details printed on the NEET 2020 admit card?
In case there is any discrepancy in the details printed on the NEET admit card 2020, the candidates must contact the officials at NTA immediately and get it resolved. However, the candidates must make a note that in case they have filled wrong details in the application form of NEET 2020, and the same mistakes are reflected on the admit card, then the officials at NTA might refuse to make such corrections.
What important things must be noted about NEET admit card 2020
- The NEET admit card will not be delivered via post, the candidates have to download it.
- The candidates will not be issued a duplicate NEET 2020 admit card in any circumstances.
- Also, it is prohibited to make changes in any detail mentioned on the NEET admit card 2020.
- A copy or two of NEET admit cards need to be retained until the end of the admission process.
- Issuance of admit cards does not always mean acceptance of eligibility. It is subject to scrutiny at different stages of the admission process.
Other important instructions that need to be followed after downloading the NEET admit card 2020
The candidates must do certain things post downloading his/her NEET 2020 admit card.
- First, all the candidates must take a coloured printout of the NEET to admit card and they must remember that a black and white printout of the NEET hall ticket is not acceptable.
- Also, they must paste a recent passport size photograph at the space provided on the admit card. The photograph must be the same as the one uploaded with the NEET 2020 application form.
- Lastly, it is compulsory to get the admit card of NEET 2020 signed by a parent or guardian. A candidate failing to do so will not be allowed to enter the exam hall.
Other documents to carry at the exam centre
In addition to the NEET admit card, the candidates need to carry some other documents as well at the exam centre. Without any of the below-mentioned documents, the candidates will not be permitted to enter inside the exam centre.
- One passport size photo (same as uploaded at the time of applying)
- One authorized/original ID proofs – PAN card/Driving license/Voter ID/Passport/Aadhaar Card (with the photo)/Ration card any other government document
- PwD certificate issued by the competent authority (to get the relaxation)
NEET 2020 is scheduled to be conducted in the last week of May, post considering the COVID-19 situation. To appear for NEET, the candidates have to show the admit card to the concerned authorities which will be uploaded on the official website post the COVID-19 lockdown. Till that time, continue preparing for the NEET. Stay inside, stay healthy!!