Maharashtra is India’s most important state which stands second in the world ranking of state population. Mumbai is its capital and Nagpur is second capital now. This state has variety of traditions, ethnic views and living styles which make it unique than other states. Maharashtra is the most developed and rich state of India which contributes 25% in the industrial output of the country. According to education and research facility, Maharashtra has well established institutes and there is no compromise on education. The facilities for education in Maharashtra are more than enough so the people belonging to Maharashtra don’t have to study outside their state. Students from India and all over the world are also welcomed in Maharashtra to get education and to satisfy their thrust for knowledge.
Religions in Maharashtra
Maharashtra has diversity of religions. Hindu population is the largest community of Maharashtra. Most of the Hindu people are natives of this state and some are here due to migration. Second large community in Maharashtra is Muslim population who belong to the Sufi generations. Parsis are third most populous community of Maharashtra which came from Iran and started living here, centuries ago. People from other religions like Jews, Buddhists and Jains are also the lucky population of Maharashtra. The People and lifestyle of Maharashtrians are modern too.
Universities and institutes in Maharashtra
The density of educational facilities in Maharashtra can be estimated the number of Universities and institutions present in Maharashtra. There are 49 universities working in this single state. These 49 are the top universities, while other institutes are also there. These universities are making distinctions at national and international levels and offer a very clean environment for education. the following is the list of some best Universities in Maharashtra :
- Indian Institute of Technology Mumbai
IIT Mumbai is the most important and high ranked institute in Mumbai Maharashtra having the core of 9.4. Further details about IIT Mumbai can be seen here:
- Institute of Chemical Technology Mumbai
ICT Mumbai is also a well established high ranked institute and best for the education of chemistry, chemicals and pharmacy having a score of 8.8. For details, visit:
- TATA institute of Fundamental research Mumbai (TIFR)
TIFR is the best and well established institute in Mumbai Maharashtra. Its specialty is its research facilities and quality of education. TIFR has a score of 8.
- Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur (RTMNU)
RTMNU is the best institute in Nagpur which is known for its quality of education. It is also in the list of India’s high ranked universities, having a score of 8.5.
- Visvesaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur (VNIT)
VNIT is the institute of technology located in Nagpur Maharashtra which is one of the high ranked institutes, having the score of 8.5.
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai(NMIMS)
NMIMS is the best institute of management sciences and pharmacy includes in high ranked institutions. It has a score of 8.4.
Other high ranked institutes located in Maharashtra include
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune
- Central Institute of Fisheries Education, Mumbai
- Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune
- Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Pune
- Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nasik
- Dr. D.Y. Patil Vidya Pratishthan Society’s, Pune
- North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon
- Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences University-[PIMS], Ahmednagar
- Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University- [YCMOU], Nasik
- Padmashree Dr DY Patil University, Mumbai etc
The educational development of Maharashtra is on the peak, it can be proved by the above description. Students from all over the world are welcomed and supported to study in Maharashtra. The culture and traditions of Maharashtra are very attractive for the visitors, and to study there will be a very interesting and positive experience.