[box type=”shadow” align=”” class=”” width=””] Essay on My Favourite Tourist Place | Visit to a Munnar |An essay on tourist place Munnar (Kerala) | Visit to a Munnar (Kerala) | Holidays to Munnar (Kerala) | Paragraph about Munnar (Kerala)[/box]
If somebody is looking for a beautiful tourist spot cum hill station with impeccable beauty, then Munnar is a perfect value for money choice.
Munnar is in Kerala. It is situated at an altitude of 1600mts to 1800mts above sea level, this valley is covered with a green carpet of huge tea plantations along with coffee and cardamom plantation. It has an abundance of exotic species of flora and fauna in its wild sanctuaries.
This hill station is located in Idukki district of Kerala. It has derived its name from the two Malayalam words Munnu(3) and aaru (river). The three rivers are Muthirappuzha, Chanduvarai and Kundali. This place is famous for its peak Anamudi, which is the highest peak of peninsular India.
The main attractions of Munnar are given below:
1. Pothamedu view point: It is a magnificent view point which will show tea, coffee and cardamom plantations of the valley. Also, it is a great trekking and hiking place.
2. Devikulam Lake: It is also known as Sita Devi Lake situated 7km firm Munnar and is famous for it’s crystal clear water. According to belief, Sitadevi, wife of Lord Rama bathed in this lake.
3. Rajamala park : It is composed of beautiful meadows and gorgeous valleys situated just about 12 km from Munnar town. It has a rare species of Mountain goat called Nilgiri Tahrs. Also it is famous for its flower Neelakurinji, which blooms once in 12 years.
4. Pallivasal is the site of first hydropower project in Kerala
5. Attukal is a vista of glittering waterfalls and rolling hills.
6. Mattupetty: situated 13 km away from Kerala town. The Mattupetty Lake and dam is famous for its highly specialized dairy farm, where more than 100 varieties of high yielding cattle can be seen. The main attraction at the vicinity is its Kundala Tea Plantation and Kendall Lake.
Other visiting places are Chitirapuram, Echo point, sandalwood forest Marayoor, Rock cave, Etc.
So overall after reading this article one may well imagine the landscapes and greenery. Overall it is a paradise for nature lovers. To stay here is also a sweet experience because there are lot of tourist cottages and resorts. Hotel budgets have also a large range and it fits in every pocket. The only thing to take care is the water system, if planning to stay in a budget hotel or lodges.
Shopping in Kerala can be done in Old Bazar and New bazar. Old bazar is for local handicraft items.
To get there is also very flexible. All the three means are available. The best time to visit Munnar is from September to March. Though Monsoon makes Munnar beautiful but better to avoid it to avoid less interrupted trips. And of course woolens need to be carried as it is cold here.
[box type=”shadow” align=”” class=”” width=””]Essay on My Favourite Tourist Place | Visit to a Munnar |An essay on tourist place Munnar (Kerala) | Visit to a Munnar (Kerala) | Holidays to Munnar (Kerala) | Paragraph about Munnar (Kerala)[/box]