Advantages and Disadvantages of Social Networking Sites
Merits and Demerits of Social Media sites
Social networking sites are and amazing medium these days to connect with people all over the world and know about people and the activities that people perform in their lives. There are a number of social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Google+, Pinterest, Tumblr and many more.
Social networking sites
Benefits and Drawbacks of Social networking sites
These social networking sites have been developing day by day so that reaching out to people becomes more and more easier for the users. The sites are actually very user friendly and does not hampers privacy of anyone against their willingness.
The use of the social networking sites determine its value and fatality.
Here are some advantages and disadvantages of social networking sites that we use in our daily lives:
Also Read : Merits and Derits of Science
Advantages of Social Networking Sites | Pros of Social Networking Sites
- Social networking sites have enabled people to reach the corners of the world at ease which was not possible earlier.
- People can update and let others know about their lives and the activities they carry out which are liked by people.
- Celebrities can allow their followers easily to know about them without violating their privacy.
- People can actually find out other people with common interests and stay connected.
- Social networking are proved to be used to promote and advertise about products, business, companies and many more so that people can be reached as far and as widely as possible. This can be done by creating a Facebook page or a YouTube channel or Twitter account so that people can follow the latest updates and know more.
- Nowadays people get more information and updates about the world through social networking sites than televisions and newspapers.
- Important notices and information are sent to people using the various social networking sites.
- Messaging is easier using social networking sites than texting over the phones and is also cheaper.
- Social networking sites also helps us to video chat with our close ones staying far or abroad.
Disadvantages of Social Networking Sites | Cons of Social Networking Sites
- Cybercrime has come into being because of the existence of social networking sites. This include hacking and spying.
- People (mostly teenagers) get addicted to social networking sites often.
- Privacy is not always hard core as the social networking sites provides privacy policies as a whole and not individually. Also, the things which seem to be abusive or vulgar for one person may or may not be the same for the other. So there lies a clash in the opinions for which the social networking site does not take responsibility.
- There is always a risk of frauds to create fake social accounts which may turn out to be unacceptable to people and can lead on to serious issues.
- Using social media sites is also a great waste of time. People spend hours on social networking leaving other works behind.
- Sometimes people end up fighting on these public forums based on misunderstanding which would not have taken place if talked about face-to-face.
- Language detection is a flaw on the social networking site including abuses.
- People starting depending upon other’s opinions whether a picture is good or bad and also indulge themselves in unwanted activities to gain attention.
Conclusion on Advantages and Disadvantages of Social Networking Sites
Thus, we can say that the invent of social networking sites might have helped people in exploring a lot by extending the boundaries. But sometimes these extended boundaries can make us repent later.