Over a decade ago, the role of an HR was centered around payroll, leave, policy making and training. Recruitment generally meant putting an ad in a paper and hoping for the best or simply, hiring a recruiter. Technology and social media has changed everything and as a result, the role of an HR began to evolve. Being just a brand name company is not enough because of social media, everyone knows what it’s like working in your company, they can see who works there, if u have cool company policies, what’s the company culture and stuff like that.
Today the first step of recruitment doesn’t start with the job application, it starts online. The very first thing a prospective job candidate does is run a search on you. Now, it is your responsibility as an hr to be the brand builder and a marketeer. This blog will take you through the top 5 reasons to pursue a Bachelors’s in Human Resource Management in 2020.
- Job diversity: HR is a very diverse job profile, it’s just not limited to a particular field. This role can undertake you to a variety of career paths and job positions in human resource management and beyond. Managing employee and client relations is an important skill for an aspiring HR.
- Managing relationships: If you are good with people and know how to handle the situation calmly and with quick decision taking efforts then this career path will take you far. All you need to do is to work on your organisation, administration, presentations, reporting and communication skills.
- Be a brand builder: When it comes to making decisions in the organisation, the HR department is consulted and the decision is made in consultation with them. So you can imagine the responsibility-laden role of HR in an organisation. They are responsible for building the brand name in the market. They have to carefully plan the strategies and implement them with a positive success rate. If this is something you are comfortable with and you think you are responsible enough to have everything, then this is the best career choice for you.
- You bring in the change: You as an HR deliver value for your company by understanding and using data driven science to improve efficiencies to hire the right talent by connecting with the right people. You act as an analyst, communicator, motivator, and the collaborator as well. Human Resource Management is about people coping with innovation and bringing in the change.
- You can be a multi-tasker: Hr is responsible for hiring and training employees so that they become more valuable to the organisation. They to face different challenges ranging from a constantly changing workforce to an ever present government regulation, including technology and economic variations.
The human resource management program structure is designed as such to cope with all the new emerging trends in this field. The course will teach prospective business leaders on how to best manage their staff, motivate and reward them. You will acquire the skills needed to manage the HR side of organisations, benefiting from a curriculum that enforces a range of transferable business skills. So, if you find HR as the perfect career choice for you, then opt for a degree in human resource management and explore the industry.