- 1 Scotiabank American Express Card Review, Eligibility, Benefits, Pros, Cons, Rewards
- 2 Card Name and Issuer: Scotiabank American Express Card
- 3 Scotiabank American Express Card Rewards
- 4 Scotiabank American Express Card Benefits
- 5 Scotiabank American Express Card Eligibility Requirements:
- 6 How To Apply for Scotiabank American Express Card?
- 7 Insurance Coverages Offered on Scotia American Express Card
- 8 Scotiabank American Express Card Advantages / Pros:
- 9 Scotiabank American Express Card Disadvantages/ Cons:
- 10 Conclusion/ Editor’s Review on Scotiabank American Express Card
Scotiabank American Express Card Review, Eligibility, Benefits, Pros, Cons, Rewards
The Scotiabank American Express Card is one of the best travel cards and the only so influential card which comes without any annual fee in Scotiabank’s AMEX group of cards. This makes it super easy for customers to save money and earn Scotia reward points. This credit card is flexible and comes without any travel restrictions. It provides a number of special offers and merchandise, also the reward points can be redeemed both in day-to-day spending plus in abroad visits too. For customers who like to travel, this card really stands out among its peer cards only because of its variety of insurance protection coverages, so travelers fear no more.
Card Name and Issuer: Scotiabank American Express Card
Scotiabank is a leading bank in Canada and is one of the best international financial services providers in the Americas. It is the 3rd most preferable bank in Canada. Scotiabank credit cards are accepted in more than 200 countries and territories, allowing you to pay for your purchases safely and conveniently.
Scotiabank American Express Card Rewards
When you sign up for Scotiabank’s American Express Card, you become eligible for a welcome offer of 5,000 Scotia Rewards bonus points equalling $50 in value and which can be redeemed with your first $500 everyday purchases in the first 3 months.
In addition to these, you earn 1 Scotia reward point for every 1$ spend on everyday purchases. Moreover, you get access to special offers, merchandise, gift cards, rewards, and more as when they become live. Interest rates are 19.99% on purchases and 22.99% In case of cash advances, balance transfers, and Scotia Credit Card Cheque.
Scotiabank American Express Card Benefits
- No Annual Fee ($ 0) and no fee for each additional supplementary card.
- Enjoy all the benefits that come with being an American Express Cardholder.
- Book Trips without any restrictions or blackout periods by using Scotia Rewards Point with the help of travel agents in the Scotia Rewards Travel Service or at Post Purchase travel redemptions.
- This card comes with automatic 90-day purchase protection on eligible items against theft, loss or damage and an extended warranty term of 1 one year excluding the manufacturer’s warranty. Save on Car Rentals is another service you become eligible for by being a Scotiabank AMEX Cardholder, you can save up to 25% off base rates at participating AVIS locations and at participating Budget locations in Canada and the U.S. when you pay with your Scotiabank American Express card.
- It provides two types of optional insurance coverage bundles, Basic Protection And Comprehensive Protection.
- Provides Purchase Protection, reimbursement up to 100$ if the product price falls within 60 days of its purchase.
Scotiabank American Express Card Eligibility Requirements:
Unlike other credit cards, the eligibility requirements are very straightforward and you wouldn’t need to worry to be eligible for this card if you satisfy –
- Must be 18+ and have a fair credit score of around 650 or more.
- Minimum Income – $ 12000/yr. and no minimum household income is required as such.
How To Apply for Scotiabank American Express Card?
- In Person – by appointment in the branch office.
- By Phone Call – +18007473208 (Takes About 8 Minutes)
- Apply Online: Official Site – https://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/personal/credit-cards/american-express/no-fee-amex-card.html
Insurance Coverages Offered on Scotia American Express Card
- Travel Accident Insurance – gives you the benefit to charge at least 75% of your ticket cost to your Card.
- Travel Emergency Medical Insurance – This Coverage is provided for eligible persons under age 65 for up to 8 consecutive days and for eligible persons age 65 and older for up to 3 consecutive days.
- Trip interruption – Let’s you charge at least 75% of your trip costs to your Card without any extra charges.
- Rental Car Collision Loss/Damage Insurance
- Purchase Security & Extended Warranty Protection.
Scotiabank American Express Card Advantages / Pros:
- Save time at the checkout – Tap your Scotiabank American Express Card or your smartphone for quick easy payments using Apple pay.
- One Account, Multiple Cards at no extra cost with same benefits.
- Interchangeability – Scotia Rewards points can be converted into SCENE points and SCENE points can be converted into Scotia Rewards points.
- A bunch of Insurance Coverages to let you always feel assured and protected
Scotiabank American Express Card Disadvantages/ Cons:
- The Primary Cardholder on the Scotiabank American Express Card Account (the “Account”) is responsible for all charges to the Account including those made by the additional Supplementary Cardholder.
- You can convert points up to a maximum of 4 times within a 24-hour period. Interchangeability conversions cannot be reversed or canceled once completed.
Conclusion/ Editor’s Review on Scotiabank American Express Card
The Information and references provided above are true to my knowledge and are made available upon thorough research of the Card. I had never before gotten a chance to get a credit card as good as this one and I will surely love to try such a service provider card myself someday. The research I’ve made before writing this article has convinced me that I myself should start making use of cards and card such as this I find worthy of use. And the other thing which I liked the most about this card is the number of insurance coverages it offers which particularly and to a substantial extent is a noteworthy factor while choosing a card for oneself. The advantages of this travel card surely outweigh its cons and that is what I find most comforting.
This card will be most suitable for frequent travelers and is a rewarding travel card when compared with its competitors.
Note: Effective November 22, 2021, changes are coming to the SCENE and Scotia Rewards programs as stated on the official site.