National Testing Agency (NTA) announced earlier that the JEE Main 2020 (April Session) exams were postponed due to the present Coronavirus crises across the country. The JEE Main 2020 exams were earlier scheduled to be conducted between April 05 to 11, 2020 but amid COVID-19, the new schedule for the entrance exam will be notified on May 31, 2020. The exam conducting authority will announce the exact dates on the official website and to keep a track of the regular updates, the candidates are suggested to check the official website regularly.
JEE Main Exam Postponed – How can the students make most of it?
Now the JEE Main 2020 exam has been postponed, the candidates preparing for the same might face few challenges which can be resolved with effective management and planning. Due to the postponement of the exams, the candidates preparing for the April 2020 session get extra time to focus on their studies. The students can prepare in a more detailed way by focusing on all the important topics coming in the exam. All the JEE Main aspirants are advised to stay indoors and don’t feel stressed about the current on-going situation in the country and in the world as well. Don’t lose your hope and keep trust in the government as well, everything will turn normal in the country soon.
How can Digital Technology help to prepare better?
To help the candidates prepare for JEE Main 2020, many coaching institutes have started offering online coaching classes for the students as well so that they can stay committed to their studies. With the help of online classes, JEE Main aspirants can continue their studies even if they are unable to visit the coaching institutes as well. In case you are also preparing for JEE Main 2020 and are unable to take the offline classes due to the current coronavirus situation, then adhere to the following points to stay focused on your studies.
- The JEE Main 2020 aspirants need not worry about their studies as most of the coaching centres offer free access to their online apps and are also offering crash courses as well so that their studies don’t get affected at all. The candidates must not miss any live sessions that are provided by the experts
- Students get access to these videos online and can watch them later as well, as per their comfort and availability of time. However, it is suggested that the candidates must take more live classes offered by the expert so that their queries and concerns regarding different topics can be solved instantly.
- Taking online classes is fun as they are engaging and helps in establishing effective communication with the teachers. Try avoiding all kinds of distractions in between the class and stay attentive
- Ask more questions and get all your queries solved through online medium only, as there is no other option left in the present situation. Since the students can reach the teachers by visiting the coaching centres, they must prepare their notes in advance related to the doubts, so that all of them can get cleared in between the sessions.
- Due to the COVID-19, the JEE Main 2020 aspirants need to form a different and a better strategy, to begin with, their preparations and are required to study according to it only, till the time the existing situation doesn’t get improved.
- Also, make a few changes in your previous time-table because the candidates now have extra time to focus on their studies. Prepare a topic revision schedule and add an extra ten preparation days to it.
- In a situation of academic disruption, studying at home can prove to be much useful for students as it permits them to study in a completely distraction-free way. They also get a chance to focus on their weak areas.
- Another important thing that needs to be considered is that rather than becoming overconfident about the extended time-period, utilize the extended time more productively.
Revision is also Important
Since the JEE Main 2020 aspirants get more time to study, they must focus equally on all the three subjects including Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. The students must utilize their free time by referring to the previous year question papers as it will allow them to understand the pattern and the types of questions asked in the JEE Main exam in a more elaborate way. The candidates can go through the toppers reviews who have shared their experiences. Take more mock tests so that you can get an idea about your preparation strategy and can know your loop-holes as well. One must practice more and more mock tests so that they can improve their proficiency and speed as well and can complete all the questions within the allocated time only. By preparing all the notes of important topics, the candidates can easily revise before the exam; make sure that you have included all the important concepts, formulae and previous year important questions while preparing the notes. Amid COVID-19 all the students are advised to self-quarantine, so rather than wasting the crucial time, they must prepare topic-wise and go through the notes as well.
These are some of the ways which can help the aspirants to grab the existing opportunity and study hard for the exams. The students are requested not to go to the coaching Institute for attending the offline class, rather stay safe at home. All the educational institutions across the country are trying to shift towards taking online classes due to the Coronavirus outbreak, so understanding the need of the hour, the JEE Main 2020 aspirants must also focus on the online classes rather than losing their level of motivation. This way the students can study from the safety of their own homes without getting affected due to the on-going crisis.
Consider your health as the top-most priority right now and follow the self-isolation for the next few days till the situation gets normal. Also, the students must eat healthy food and get involved in some kind of indoor activities like yoga to refresh their mind and feel relaxed. Stay at home is the best and the safest option right now and take the help of the online classes to stay connected with your studies and with your professors as well.